Monday, October 20, 2008

Our first family camp out!

I was really going to try and stay on top of blogging, but I went to Utah and ended up staying 3 weeks instead of just one. Oh well...I had fun at least.
We headed out to go camping on Saturday, September 20. We got the truck all packed and drove out to South Mountain to find out that all of their campsites were full. Camping in NC is different than Utah camping because you actually have to use a campsite. You can't just find a good spot in the mountains and set up. Mike and I knew if Ashlyn didn't get to go she would be extremely upset because she was so excited about it. She was thrilled to be able to use her new princess sleeping bag in the tent. So instead of disappointing a three year old and living with those consequences, we headed over to Mike's brother's house and camped in their backyard. We would have done it in our yard, but it has too much of a slope. We even went and bought a fire pit so we could roast hot dogs and make smores. Ashlyn had a blast. Her cousins even slept outside with us. Caleb was all wrapped up and stayed toasty warm in his bouncer. It was a camping trip we'll never forget!






Ashlyn had to try out her camping chair before we left South Mountain.

3 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Yeah! Welcome back to blogging. Loved the pictures. Caleb looks so cute, can't wait to meet him and hug Ashlyn again!

Kristi Amasio said...

Hi Lindy. I was so excited to see your blog from Natalie N page. I am so happy to see that you have 2 kids! Wow time sure flies by. How has Mike adjusted to having kids? I'm sure he is a great Dad. I just remember how he was so content to not have any. So happy for you and you have a beautiful family!! So you are in NC now? Crazy! Soo good to see your blog and know you guys are doing well!

Beckie said...

How fun. Jon and I have really wanted to take the kids camping for awhile. Guess we just need to make the time to do it.